By: Zach Kruse |
2 hours ago
The Green Bay Packers will host the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday in the NFC Divisional Round at Lambeau Field.
Here is a statistical breakdown of the Seahawks:
– The Seahawks ranked ninth in points scored and 22nd in points allowed. Despite an 11-5 record, the Seahawks finished 14th in the NFL in point differential at +7.
– The Seahawks ranked fifth in offensive DVOA, 18th in defensive DVOA and eighth in overall DVOA, but they faced the second-hardest overall DVOA.
– The Seahawks ranked 11th in yards per play (5.7) and 29th in yards allowed per play (6.0).
– The Seahawks have won 11 games by eight points or fewer in 2019, including Sunday’s postseason win over the Eagles. Five of their wins came by four points or fewer.
– The Seahawks are 8-1 on the road.
– The defense ranked third in the NFL in takeaways with 32. They intercepted 16 passes (fifth-most) and recovered 16 fumbles (second-most). Seven times, the Seahawks produced three or more takeaways. They were 7-0 in those games. However, they lost all three regular-season games in which they didn’t create a turnover.
– The Seahawks offense faced the third-hardest schedule by DVOA but finished fourth in passing offense and sixth in rushing offense.
– In terms of scoring percentage per drive, the Seahawks ranked 14th on offense and 14th on defense.
– The Seahawks converted 39.5 percent of third downs (16th) and allowed conversions on 38.4 of third downs (16th).
– Wilson, a legitimate MVP candidate for much of the year, produced another terrific season. He finished third in passing touchdowns (31), third in interception percentage (1.0), eighth in yards per attempt (8.0), fifth in passer rating (106.3), sixth in QBR (69.8) and seventh in DVOA. He was voted a second-team All-Pro.
– Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf give Wilson two dynamic weapons in the passing game. They combined for 28 catches over 20 yards and seven over 40 during the regular season. Metcalf, a physically imposing rookie, exploded for 160 receiving yards – including a 53-yard touchdown and the game-sealing catch – in Seattle’s win over Philadelphia.
– Wilson and Lockett have formed a special bond. Over the last two seasons, Lockett has caught 77.2 percent of his 180 targets, creating 2,022 yards and 18 touchdowns. He’s averaging 11.2 yards per target since 2018.
– Running backs Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny rushed for 1,600 yards and 10 touchdowns, but both are on injured reserve. Rookie Travis Homer is now the No. 1 back. Recycled veterans Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin also contribute.
– The Seahawks ranked third in rushing attempts and ninth in yards per carry but 26th in expected points added by the run.
– Wilson took sacks on 8.5 percent of dropbacks, the fifth-most among qualifying quarterbacks. He finished tied with Kyler Murray and Matt Ryan with 48 sacks taken.
– The Seahawks finished with only 28 sacks. Only one team had fewer. They also ranked 30th in the NFL in sack percentage (4.5) and quarterback hits (68). However, the Seahawks did produce seven sacks of Eagles quarterbacks on Sunday. Six different players had at least one sack.
– The Seahawks didn’t have a player with more than four sacks. Rasheem Green (4.0) led the team. Jadeveon Clowney produced 3.0 sacks and 13 quarterback hits.
– Despite the lack of pressure, the Seahawks still allowed the ninth-lowest opposing passer rating in the NFL. They gave up just 19 touchdown passes, tied with the Packers for the fifth-lowest.
– The Seahawks scored touchdowns on 63.3 percent of red-zone trips, ranking ninth. However, the defense allowed touchdowns on 61.5 percent of opponent’s trips inside the 20, ranking 26th.
– Kicker Jason Myers was perfect under 40 yards (17-17), but he missed three kicks between 40-49 yards and two over 50. He also missed four extra points.
– After an All-Pro rookie season, punter Michael Dickson averaged just 45.1 yards per punt in 2019. His net average dropped from 42.5 to 40.9.
– Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright both went over 100 total tackles. They combined for 12 tackles for losses, 17 pass breakups and four interceptions.