- You can easily rename a folder on an iPhone by holding down on a folder and tapping “Rename” on iOS 13, or by tapping the folder’s name on iOS 12 or earlier.
- When grouping apps together, Apple automatically labels folder with a general category term that you may wish to change to better organize your home screen.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The iPhone automatically labels folders with general categories, such as Entertainment, Utilities, and Music. You may want to personalize these categories later to better organize your apps.
Thanks to the latest iOS update, renaming a folder takes a few taps. You can easily rename a folder on an iPhone by using the “Rename” tab. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Robots How to rename a folder on an iPhone
1. Hold down on the folder you wish to rename.
2. Tap the “Rename” option from the pop-up menu.
3. The current name for the folder would be highlighted. Delete and type in a new name for the folder.
- On iOS 12, simply open a folder and tap its name to rename it.
4. Tap “done” when you’ve typed in your new name.
5. Click the home button if you have an iPhone 8 or earlier to stop the apps from shaking. If you have an iPhone X or later, tap “Done” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.