- You can link your Twitter and Facebook accounts to cross-post between the social media platforms.
- You can also easily unlink your Twitter and Facebook accounts at any time.
- Due to updated policies, Facebook no longer allows tweets to be auto-posted to your Facebook profile, but you can make your Facebook status updates auto-post to Twitter.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you share a lot with family, friends, or colleagues on Facebook, it can be a pain to have to manually post updates to multiple social media platforms.
Luckily, you can connect your Twitter account to Facebook so that your Facebook posts appear on both sites simultaneously.
While the process of connecting your Twitter account to Facebook used to be possible via the Twitter connection, changes to Facebook’s privacy laws have ended the ability to auto-post your tweets to your Facebook page.
However, you can still connect your accounts so that your Facebook status updates appear on your Twitter account. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Robots How to link your Twitter account to Facebook
1. Ensure you’re logged into your Facebook account, then visit Facebook.com/Twitter on your computer.
2. Click the green “Link My Profile to Twitter” button.
3. When redirected to Twitter, click the “Authorize app” button after reviewing the terms of the account connection feature.
4. You will then be redirected back to Facebook, where your account connection will be confirmed. Here, you can confirm which Facebook features — status updates, photos, links, videos, etc. — are cross-posted to Twitter. Uncheck the boxes for any options you don’t want to be cross-posted, then click “Save Changes.”
5. Your Twitter and Facebook accounts will now be linked. You can unlink them at any time by revisiting Facebook.com/Twitter and clicking “Unlink from Twitter.”