Chinese tennis star says she is safe in video call with Olympic official -IOC

Published by
Reuters

BEIJING (Reuters) -Chinese tennis star Peng Shaui had a video call on Sunday with the president of the International Olympic Committee and told him she was safe and well, the IOC said in a statement. Photos and videos of Peng at a tournament in Beijing earlier on Sunday had done little to dampen international concerns, following a nearly three-week public absence after she alleged that a former senior Chinese official sexually assaulted her. In a statement, the IOC said that at the start of the 30-minute call with its president Thomas Bach, Peng had thanked the IOC for its concern about her we…

Read More

See also  AMD lands Meta as customer and takes on Nvidia, sending shares up 11%

Leave a Reply